Compression Molding Operator 2nd and 3rd Shift
The Carlstar Group
Job Purpose Statement:
The position is responsible for the set-up and operation of machine to support production. Detects and reports machine and product problems to supervisor. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follows prescribed safety regulations.
Summary of Responsibility:
- Assemble product using various types of equipment.
- Understands the components of the machine as well as which components should be used for each process.
- Inspect product to identify defects and scrap.
- Use tools safely and efficiently
- Read and understand build specifications required for operating machinary.
- Understand and maintain hour by hour boards in daily production.
- Detect and report faulty operation, defective, and/or unusual material conditions.
- Understands and follows all safety rules associated with the job/machinary such as lockout/tagout, emergency response, and PPE.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required: Educational:
High School diploma/GED required, or commit to obtain a GED with Carlstar sponsored GED program within 12 months of hire date
Previous manufacturing experience at least 1 year exp – preferred
- Certain locations may require the ability to obtain and maintain a valid forklift license.