Compression Operator – 2nd Shift
Job TITLE: Compression Operator
The Compression Operator is responsible for the mechanical performance and efficiencies of the assigned compression equipment. The individual must maintain equipment maintenance logs, comply with of machine start-up and shut down procedures and protocols, and comply with safety and quality procedures. In addition, it is expected that this individual will have the ability to not only identify improvement opportunities, but the drive to implement them as well.
- Daily set-up and break down of the tablet presses
- Ensure safety, quality, and production demands are met
- Staging upcoming production orders
- Verify materials to be used in production match requirements in the Bill of Materials
- Documenting daily production performance and issues
- Maintain continual production of the machines to maximize daily output
- Perform routine maintenance of associated equipment
- Performing routine trouble shooting of equipment
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Knowledge, SKILLS, AND ABILITiES:
- Must have good listening and interpersonal communications skills
- Extensive experience in preventive maintenance programs and enhancements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude a must, electrical experience a plus
High School diploma, a plus.
0-2 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing setting, a plus.
- Extended periods of standing.
- Frequently lifts and moves items weighing up to 60 pounds.
WORK LOCATION: Elmsford, New York
Employment Status: Full-time
Travel required: None