Compression Operator II
** COME JOIN OUR DYNAMIC AND GROWING OPERATIONS TEAM IN BROOKHAVEN AND RECEIVE A SIGN-ON BONUS FOR JOINING AND STAYING WITH US !! JUST ASK YOUR AMNEAL RECRUITER FOR ALL DETAILS AND QUALIFYING GUIDELINES. **
- The Compression Operator II is responsible for the set-up and operation of the compression machine in accordance with Company Standard Operating Procedures and maintaining 100% cGMP & compliance to ensure the production of quality products.
- Makes sure the de-dusters are connected with dust collector; connects the metal detectors to the de-duster. Responsible for in-process checks like average weight, thickness, hardness, friability and individual tablet weight, etc.
- Responsible for online documentation in all Compression operations.
- Trains junior operators regarding setting up the machine and making the initial sample.
- Completes breakdown procedure of machine and set up complete machine after “A” cleaning as per PBR using correct tooling. (Dedicated work takes 16 hours to complete, needs to be performed every 15 days for manufacturing same product or as required for change over product.)
- Ensures that Compression operations are performed per SOP, Production Batch Record, safety regulations, and follow all other machine and process instructions given by the Supervisor.
- If tablets are found with defects, adjusts the machine according to the access of machine given to him in presence of Machine Mechanic/Group leader. Learns trouble-shooting during Compression operations.
- Able to understand the room release procedure in order to perform the duties whenever the need arises.
- Checks and verifies filled gravity feed hopper label with room number, product name, product code and number of hoppers in the same batch before bringing near gravity suite of room.
- Abides by Amneal's current rules and regulations regarding day-to-day business activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
- High School or GED General HS Curriculum - Preferred
- 2 years or more in With HS/GED Experience in Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing
- 3 years or more in Less than HS/GED- proven related experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment.
- Required to read, write, and communicate in English. - Intermediate
- High school level math and mechanical skills. - Intermediate
- Flexible to work extended hours when required. - Intermediate
- Ability to work as part of a team. - Intermediate
- Attention to detail and accuracy. - Intermediate
- High speed Compression Machine clean, set up and efficiently run independently.