Compression Systems Engineering – Associate Design Engineer (Onsite)
East Hartford, CT
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Pratt and Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE), designers and analysts of advanced Fans, Low- and High-Pressure Compressors, is currently seeking a highly motivated Associate Design Engineer to join its team to support gas turbine engine programs spanning many product families. Focus includes the entire product life cycle, from new propulsion system development, through engine manufacture, to technical support of fielded product.
The new hire will be part of our Engineering Development Program (EDP). The Engineering Development Program is a multiyear rotational program for new college hires that has been implemented to:
- Accelerate technical capability through substantive work rotations focused in specific Disciplines
- Connect EDP participants with a network of technical resources & engineering experts
- With respect to the office of the future, rotations will include the following role categorizations: 100% Onsite & Hybrid (2 to 3 days in the office; remaining days remote).
- Creating / Evaluating new or down change part designs
- Working collaboratively to solve problems with integrated product teams and system design teams
- Providing shop, vendor, and test support as needed
- Executing to engineering standard work
- 0 to 3 Years of Design Engineering Experience
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited four-year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering is required
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Fluent in English (verbal/written)
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships).
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics, and Ansys
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms