Compression Systems Engineering – Associate Structures Engineer (Hybrid)
East Hartford, CT
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Provide structures analytical support for commercial and military programs, with responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of gas-turbine compressor components. This includes airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems.
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
- Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Use FE and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, damage tolerance, containment, kinematic and optimization analyses.
- Participate on multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
- Coordinate with others to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Document and present results to management and internal customers.
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Minimum BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Fluent in English (verbal/written)
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships)
- Coursework in structural analysis, with problem solving skills using FEM for stress/deflection and vibration analyses.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms