Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) Sr. Principal Structures Engineer (Hybrid)
West Palm Beach, FL
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
- Perform state-of-the-art ANSYS finite element analysis for stress, vibration, determination of low cycle fatigue life and residual life (fracture mechanics) prediction. Stress and life changes after repairs and in-service field investigations.
- Participate as an active member in cross-discipline integrated product teams to provide design solutions that balance performance, cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Provide analytical aftermarket support to maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services.
- Develop and incorporate new ways to advance technology and improve processes as an individual and as a team contributor. Embrace a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Ability to write clear substantiation documentation, as well as to create and provide impactful, persuasive technical presentations to internal and external customers.
- Develop and sustain a healthy work relationship based on mutual trust with peers, internal and external customers where significant interaction is expected.
- Assist on the technical development of peers.
- Manage increase workload and changes in priorities by utilizing project management skills.
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using CORE tools and support AS9100D efforts.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Support structures community initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and
- 10+ years of prior engineering experience or 7+ years with an advance degree
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Structural Analysis experience
- Experience utilizing ANSYS or other FEA software.
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry
- Strong mechanical aptitude to understand the interactions of complex assemblies and how to translate those interactions into sound analytical assumptions.
- Previous gas turbine experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Experience with software and programing languages. APDL, Workbench, ABAQUS, PATRAN / NASTRAN, MATLAB, VBA, Python, C++, Fortran, MS Office, NX Teamcenter and SAP
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
This position requires approximately 10% travel
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms