Compression Systems Engineering – (ESTO) Sr. Project Engineer (Hybrid)
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems Engineering is seeking a goal oriented, detail-focused project engineer to work for the ESTO organization as a Project Engineer role based in Middletown, CT. In this role you'll be responsible for Support to Operations task execution on the Fan Module and Compressor Modules.
- Support the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to meet task and technical requirements.
- Support the Integrated Product Team with planning and managing the budget for all hardware and tasks.
- Prepare/present status and technical content to IPT Lead, ESTO Leadership, CIPT & upper Pratt & Whitney management.
- Work closely with the Integrated Product Team and authorities on hardware field investigations to drive root cause and recommend product improvements.
- Evaluate product improvement opportunities and initiate Class 2 engineering change executions for those initiatives.
- Coordinate evaluation and disposition of quality non-conformances and supplier requests for information.
- Support the Integrated Product Team in performing risk assessments and developing mitigation plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years’ of engineering experience OR 3+ years’ of experience with a Master's Degree.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status (Green Card Holder) is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Advanced Engineering degree or MBA preferred.
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry, and jet engines in particular would be highly desirable.
- Gas turbine compressor experience.
- Working proficiency with MS Office, Teamcenter, SAP, MS Project or other scheduling software.
- The ability to craft clear communication and build positive relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms