Compression Systems Module Center – Quality Engineer (Onsite)
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
CSMC Quality team is looking for a quality engineer who is energetic and motivated to conduct process and product audits, facilitate root cause analysis, initiate continuous improvement initiatives, and ensure compliance of production.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
- Provides analysis and explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods, and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Utilizes PPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow, and Control Plans, etc.) to identify and make recommendations for managing risk in product development.
- Manages processes to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate, Manufacturing Readiness Level Planning and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
- Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
- Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods, and equipment to assure reliability of product.
- Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field required.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Fluent in English (verbal/written)
- Experience in Quality, operations, manufacturing/logistics, auditing, or engineering.
- Possess a strong understanding of effective Quality systems and methodologies and their impact on both the internal and external business environments.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms