COMPRESSOR FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Plant-N-Power Services, LLP
National Compressor Services, an Industrial Service Solutions Company, a service/sales provider of industrial compressors, is seeking qualified Compressor Field Service Technicians Georgia, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, Texas, etc.
As a Service Technician, you will perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot the repair of industrial air compressors on site at client locations throughout the country, nationwide. Putting your mechanical expertise to the test, troubleshoot and resolve issues to ensure equipment is functioning properly and effectively. A typical repair project may be several days to couple of weeks. Your flexibility, responsiveness and technical knowledge is critical in effectively servicing our customer repair needs. Reporting to the Service Manager, use your problem-solving skills to diagnosis and fine-tune impurities to make certain the compressors are 100% functional. Your ability to correlate the small details of a system to the larger picture will enhance customer satisfaction!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair industrial air/gas compressors on site at client locations.
- Supervise or assist our customers’ union personnel maintenance crew (auto and steel plants), yet more directly involved at smaller non-union plants.
- Analyze and problem-solve mechanical issues making certain overall system remains functional.
- Effectively communicate with customer’s plant management team in explaining technical issues and solutions.
- Perform point to point checkout, startup, and commissioning on assigned projects.
- Utilize hand tools, laptop, and test equipment on site.
- Experience with Centrifugal, Reciprocating and/or Rotary Screw Compressors, as well as Air Dryer (refrigerant or desiccant type) Experience will be a plus.
- Knowledge of industrial mechanics and electronic controls (PLC) is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that represent the company in a professional manner with our customers.
- Highly flexible with ability to work 50-hour work weeks and travel out of town 65%- 80%. Rotary screw positions available in local areas w/ minimal to no travel.
- Computer savvy and able to run software test on equipment.
- OEM experience and/or vocational education a plus.
- Self-motivated with determination to complete projects to specifications.
- Positive attitude with ability to adapt in demanding situations.
- Familiar with OSHA/MSHA safety rules and regulations.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.