Compressor Station Oper Sr – BHE GTS
Dominion Energy Questar Corp.
Berkshire Hathaway’s commitment to building a stronger energy future is matched by our commitment to our employees who will make it a reality. Our employees are integral to our success and work hard to exceed customer expectations. We provide fulfilling employment opportunities, are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees, and support an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities.
On November 1, 2020, Dominion Energy sold its gas transmission and storage business to Berkshire Hathaway Energy. In light of this transaction, the application process and benefits package are temporarily shared by Dominion Energy and BHE Pipeline Group while the full integration of the gas transmission and storage business into BHE Pipeline Group is ongoing.
Please note: when applying to a BHE GT&S position, some correspondence and documentation throughout the application and selection process will come from, or reference, Dominion Energy. If you have any questions or concerns through the BHE GT&S application process, please reach out to [email protected].
BHE GT&S is seeking a Compressor Station Operator Sr at our Chambersburg Station in Chambersburg, PA.
Your responsibilities in this role may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Start, stop and operate reciprocating/turbine engines, compressors and auxiliary equipment and perform minor repairs to equipment and tools at a natural gas compressor station
- Direct compressor station operators or other assigned employees in the performance of assigned duties
- Maintain all station primary and auxiliary equipment (check and adjust water and oil levels, temperatures, pressures, etc.
- Take and record readings such as pressures, temperatures, volumes, run hours, etc.
- Perform tasks such as blowing drips, emptying tanks, refilling fluids, checking tank levels and managing waste fluids, etc.
- Assist in repairing engines, air compressors, generators, dehydration equipment, etc.
- Keep tools and equipment in safe, orderly and proper working condition
- Perform various maintenance duties such as painting, cleaning, polishing, caring for grounds, etc.
- Operate computerized station controls and change pressures and route gas, prepare written reports, regulate and report pressures, and calculate and report volumes
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Maintain a safe operating environment
- Operate and maintain other station facilities
- Perform other duties as directed
Require knowledge and experience with one or more of the following industrial equipment: compressors, water pumps, generators, boilers and computers
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Six months documented mechanical experience in a COMBINATION of the following:
- Industrial equipment, compressors, pumps, electrical motors, controls circuitry, engines AND/OR reciprocating/combustion/turbine engines, other engines AND/OR
- related natural gas industry experience AND/OR
- related military experience AND/OR
- related education (technical school or college.)
- Documented computer skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must live within commuting distance (50 miles)
- Operate various equipment and tools weighing up to 90 lbs
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Climb ladders and work from elevated work surfaces
- Ability to crawl, stoop, and work in limited spaces, on scaffolding and in awkward positions.
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to follow mandatory safety rules and standard operating procedures and use personal protective equipment
- Ability to analyze problems, collect accurate data and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently or as a crew member
- Related natural gas industry experience
- Hands on natural gas compressor station experience
Education Required: High school diploma or GED
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Other Working Conditions
This position is required to work a 12 hour rotating shift or other defined schedule.
This position is subject to call-outs and you must be available and willing to work overtime as required.
You may be subject to hazards, such as proximity of moving parts, exposure to high noise levels, solvents, lubricants and other chemicals.
You will be subjected to adverse weather and environmental conditions.
Minimal overnight travel may be required.
Aptitude, Written, and Hands-On Testing
Certain positions at BHE GT&S may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in BHE GT&S limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
BHE GT&S is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran, or disability status. Our values guide us in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities.