Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position is responsible for using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, work instructions to perform a series of operations to correctly assemble and disassemble components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must have light industrial or mechanical background.
• Must have 3-5-year experience in mechanical background and skill set for operating specialized tools.
• Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures
• Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies
• Disassembles components by utilizing hand and power tools
• Cleans and buffs components
• Wash components in solvent and run parts through parts washer
• Blowout parts to remove solvent and dirt
• Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with 5S protocol
• Make sure that schedules are running exactly as they are listed
• Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs)
• Turn off equipment when not in use
• Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum education, job experience, certifications, skills, knowledge, and abilities that incumbent must typically have to perform the essential functions of the job acceptably with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Specialized equipment used in this job
• High school degree or equivalent
• Hand tools
• Knowledge of basic mechanics. Knowledge of machine testing procedures.
Other skills and qualifications
• Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Perform the same task repeatedly, amount, and frequency of physical effort typically required to perform the essential functions of the job acceptably; including the work positions in which the effort is applied, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.