Computer Engineering Intern
Do you have a passion for solving challenging electronic problems? What about Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) special projects? Sound interesting? If so, then Jacobs has a great opportunity for you as a Spring or Summer 2023 electrical engineering intern.
This opportunity is in our Special Projects Division (SPD). SPD is a rapidly growing group within the Rapid Solutions business unit of Jacobs. This division has a small company atmosphere where you can solve challenging problems, expand your abilities, and advance your career.
- Assist in the development of embedded software for discrete and FPGA-based microcontrollers (STM32, Microblaze, MSP430, etc).
- Assist in the development of RTOS or Embedded Linux application software.
- Assist in the development of printed circuit boards (PCBs) including part selection and schematic capture.
- Assist in the transition to manufacturing.
- Assist in the test and evaluation of electronic circuits, software, and systems.
- Assist in analyzing test failures for root causes and corrective actions.
- Documenting test plans, test results, design concepts, etc..
All activities will be designed to give the intern a full understanding of the engineering design lifecycle and insight into the role that Computer Engineers play at Jacobs Rapid Solutions. To facilitate their education and the quality of their experience each intern will be paired one-on-one with a mentor of the same discipline.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Required Availability: Projected tasking includes approximately 480hrs of work. A full-time 12-week summer internship is desired; however, a part-time work arrangement (>24hrs/week) may be acceptable.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
- Pursing a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Cumulative GPA > 3.0/4.0.
- Experience in designing and carrying out experiments (e.g. undergraduate/graduate research, lab coursework).
- Experience in programming in C/C++, Java, Python.
- Basic understanding of both digital and analog circuits.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office software products.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner.
- Good writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.