Computer Network Defense Analyst JR
Camp H M Smith, HI
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Junior Computer Network Defense Analysts must possess a thorough understanding of all aspects of computer and network security, including such areas as firewall administration, encryption technologies and network protocols. Junior Computer Network Defense Analysts need strong oral and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and self- motivation. This position requires the ability to multitask and work well under pressure. Junior Computer Network Defense Analysts must be able to investigate alerts, anomalies, error, intrusions, malware, etc. to identify the extent of a security incident and be able to help isolate the responsible agents. It is important that Junior Computer Network Defense Analysts keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable Government regulations.
Typical duties include:
- Assists in incident response
- Monitoring systems security and responding to security incidents
- Participating in security systems testing
- Ensuring integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data
- Preventing and detecting intrusion
- Incident containment and remediation recommendations
- Conducting log file analysis
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
Education Requirements: None
- DoDD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
- DoDD 8570.01M CSSP Analyst OR
- DoDD 8570.01-M CSSP Incident Responded
- 4 years of intensive and progressive experience in the candidate’s field of study and specialization.
- Must have experience with SIEM, log analysis, vulnerability analysis and some scripting.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.