Computer Operator III
Provide tier 1 phone, email and online support to end users needing assistance with the Center for Domestic Preparedness’ (CDP’s) web-based applications and systems such as FEMA Student Identification (SID) registration site, CDP’s Training Administration System (CTAS), and CDP Student Portal.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Able to pass DHS background and financial security investigation and obtain public trust clearance
- Must be able to communicate and translate between English and Spanish verbally and written
- 1+ years working experience in Tier 1 Help Desk support services
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Proven working knowledge of web applications, systems and forms
- Proven working knowledge of Help Desk issue reporting data entry
- Must be able to work flexible schedule of overtime extended hours and weekends when required
DUTIES AND DELIVERABLES:
Collaborative call center team support for the following:
- Provide professional first call solution support services to end users needing assistance with accessing and using the FEMA Student Identification and CTAS web-based registration systems and NTE Training Analytics site.
- Assist with account creation.
- Reset passwords.
- Resolving duplicate accounts.
- Cooperate with CDP federal and contractor staff to provide correct training documents, registration information, travel information and other relevant CDP training information.
- Provide professional first call solution support services to CDP staff requesting assistance and reporting issues.
- Accurately create, enter and update work orders in Microsoft Service Manager or other CDP provided work order/help desk ticket system.
- Generate and maintain an accurate and current log of all help desk related requests.
- Perform basic troubleshooting errors and testing solutions.
- Assist with user acceptance testing and pilots of developed systems and applications.
- Document problems and issues as well as provide feedback and suggestions for improving system functionality.
- Identify and report trending issues that indicate system, network or other related failure(s).
- Use of Microsoft Office products for documentation, reporting, and tracking purposes.
Required Skills and Education
Must have real world experience in application help desk support at an enterprise level. Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) are desired, but not required.
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, various Internet browsers to include Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Chrome and be able to learn new Operating Systems, Applications and over the phone hardware troubleshooting skills during normal hours using on the job training.
- Requires a High School diploma, AS or BS preferred.
- Requires 4 years relevant experience without a Degree or 2 years relevant experience with a degree.
- 3+ years of experience with proficiency supporting Microsoft Windows 10.
- 2+ years of experience providing over the phone hardware & software troubleshooting.
- 2+ years of experience with Remedy Help Desk, or similar help desk system.
- 3+ years of experience with proficiency supporting Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to type 25 words per minute or more.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with a diverse customer base.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & SecurityBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) is desirable.
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a High School Diploma and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) is desirable.