Computer Operator, Linux
ASRC Federal Data Solutions, LLC
Moffett Field, CA
ASRC Federal InuTeq has an immediate opening for a Computer Operator, Linux (HPC Control Room Analyst) to support the NASA Advanced Supercomputing facility that houses Pleiades and Electra, two of the world's fastest supercomputers at Moffett Field, California. This entry-level position is on 3rd shift (10pm to 6:30 am) and offers a full benefits package including tuition reimbursement.
- Provides support for two elements--first is to monitor and operate the supercomputer and support systems; second is to provide first-level assistance and problem resolution to users of the NASA Advanced Computing Facility.
- Active monitoring of high performance computers (HPC) and mass storage systems
- Triage issues and escalate to backline support groups as necessary
- Junior system administration activities
- User account management
- Develop scripts and tools to automate repetitive tasks
- First level troubleshooting and analysis of system problems
- Communicate information to the operations and technical support groups
- Complete physical floor checks of the computer systems in separate facilities
- Tape library media management