Computer Operator, Linux
ASRC Federal Data Solutions, LLC
Moffett Field, CA
ASRC/InuTeq has an immediate opening for a Control Room Analyst (HPC Computer Operations/Help Desk) to support the NASA Advanced Supercomputing facility that houses Pleiades and Electra, two of the world's fastest supercomputers at Moffett Field, California. This is a 24x7 facility and candidates must be willing to work any shift.
This entry-level position is on 3rd shift (10pm to 6:30 am) and offers a full benefits package including tuition reimbursement.
- Provides support for two elements--first is to monitor and operate the supercomputer and support systems; second is to provide first-level assistance and problem resolution to users of the NASA Advanced Computing Facility.
- Active monitoring of high performance computers (HPC) and mass storage systems
- Triage issues and escalate to backline support groups as necessary
- Junior system administration activities
- User account management
- Develop scripts and tools to automate repetitive tasks
- First level troubleshooting and analysis of system problems
- Communicate information to the operations and technical support groups
- Complete physical floor checks of the computer systems in separate facilities
- Tape library media management