Computer Operator-PT-CO – HFC
PART-TIME - COMPUTER OPERATOR - DATA CENTER - CORPORATE OFFICE (AUSTIN, MN)
The hours for this position are variable and would average between 20 and 30 hours per week. The initial six-to-eight-week training period for this position requires the incumbent to be available for an intensive training regimen of three to five successive shifts per week, working alongside an experienced operator primarily during the 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. shift or the 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift. After successfully completing training, the hours will typically be weekend shifts. Vacation, holiday, and on call coverage for all shifts will also be available and expected based on company needs, including occasional 4- and 12-hour shifts.
- Operates the corporate office computer equipment and monitors the nationwide data communications lines and remote computers, so that computer services are consistent and dependable to all locations.
- Provides after-hours service desk support for the company, including all locations and subsidiaries.
- Supports many other functions of the data center/service desk, including e-mail content administration, user provisioning, application administration, hardware/software troubleshooting and support, and numerous other responsibilities.
- Basic understanding of computer networks, components, and endpoint devices (desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc).
- Possess the ability to apply independent thinking to analyze complex problems, including the ability to effectively prioritize and resolve multiple concurrent issues or problems.
- Demonstrated ability to take appropriate corrective actions with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to withstand pressure.
- Experience operating a network of remote terminals and computers including troubleshooting problems involving hardware, software and coordinating the efforts of third party providers to resolve problems.
- Experience operating IBM mainframe computers using Z/OS, JES2, VTAM, IMS, AS/400, and AIX or taken the appropriate vocation training course.
- Experience supporting computer technology in a service desk/help desk setting.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.