Computer Operator/CAD Drafter
Acuren Inspection, Inc.
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 4,000 technical professionals in Acuren and Hellier NDT Training - NDT firms run by NDT people!
- Greater Gulf Coast Region, USA
- LaPorte, TX, USA
- Leander, TX, USA
Acuren is currently looking for a qualified CAD Operator / Technician local to the Texas area.
The CAD Operator / Technician will develop 2D drawings and 3D detailed design models and specifications for piping, equipment and structures to the required technical quality as well as convert field ISO sketches into CAD. The incumbent may also be responsible for entering technical data into the mechanical integrity data management system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, and related data to assess factors affecting the structure of piping and vessels, and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Utilize 3D laser scan point cloud data to generate 3D Models, 2D Isometrics, perform P&ID / PFD validation.
- Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to results.
- Working from sketches, notes and other input materials, develop detailed CAD drawings.
- Review of contract documents with team members and checking of drawings for accuracy and coordination.
- Work at client’s facilities to assist in gathering information visually and with various measuring equipment.
- Work on special projects as assigned by management team.
- Enter provided data into mechanical integrity data management system.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-year degree in Mechanical Drafting, CAD, or other related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in industrial drafting
- Proficient in various CAD platforms (i.e. AutoCAD, Plant3D, CadWorx, Navisworks, etc.)
- Experience with CAD operation related to pressure vessels and piping
- Knowledge of API codes and other related NDT principles
- Proficient MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient with computer editing software, Adobe Creative Cloud, Bluebeam, etc. a plus
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team work
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
- Moving, carrying, lifting over one pound up to 30 pounds
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, acuity-near, accommodation and color vision
- Work in and near industrial hazards.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends and out of town work).
- May have to work in extreme temperatures/environments.
- Work well under pressure and understands deadlines.
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.