Computer Production Technician I
Dedicated Computing, LLC
This production team member is responsible for the delivery of customer-specific products that meet high quality standards and customer requirements within a team-based manufacturing environment. The team member will demonstrate a contribution to the growth of a team environment and will be expected to meet all responsibilities listed below in a quality and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the flexibility to carry out multiple tasks contributing toward the delivery of products to customer specifications.
- Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy with assembly and process skills required to build product in a repetitive environment.
- Able to accurately complete and follow detailed instructions and procedures, identify, and select components, complete paperwork and labeling manufactured products.
- Responsible for dependable attendance, punctual habits and maintaining clean and organized work areas.
- Able to interface professionally with internal and external customers as well as provide customer support/training through hands on or technical presentations.
- Know and promote the Dedicated Computing Quality System.
- Ability to specialize in pre-determined area of technology i.e., product hardware, product control software, operating systems, mechanical assembly/integration.
- Ability to help with the standardization of products during the developmental cycle, leading to successful manufacturability, both hardware and software related items
- Maintain modern manufacturing techniques, utilizing the latest software/technology-based equipment.
- Identify, analyze, document, and communicate failures and irregularities in the process or systems being produced.
- Effective and continual participation in improvement activities ranging from process related issues to peer performance feedback.
- Willingness to be flexible to move to different parts of the production environment or organization to assist areas in need of additional resources.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of co-workers, assist in training of other members and promote a strong team effort to ensure timely and efficient completion of customer requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations, and other to associates of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate instructions to assist in the training of other associates.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work up to 10-hour shifts, including Saturdays and Sundays as needed.
- Associates who are being considered for an internal promotion or transfer from the material handling department, must have worked as a Material Handler (any level) for a total of two years minimum if they do not have the two-year required qualification of experience in a computer related field or a combination of training and education in a technical capacity, including building computers as a hobby.
- 2 years of experience in a computer related field or a combination of training and education in a technical capacity, including building computers as a hobby. Knowledge of operating systems, computer hardware or related technology required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the assistance of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This includes a highly regulated, climate-controlled, low to moderate noise environment.
Shift: Monday- Thursday 6a-4:30pm