Jacobs provides field, range, testing, chemical, and biological laboratory support to the U.S. Army at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) located at Dugway Proving Ground (DPG), UT. As a major test site for the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command, the WDTC is responsible for the test and evaluation of chemical and biological (CB) defense systems, incendiary and smoke/obscuration munitions systems, and related operational concepts.
In addition to these responsibilities, we also support non-CB testing at the WDTC for the DOD and other Federal agencies, including environmental assessment/impact evaluation and munitions demilitarization.
Our Dugway Operation was established in 2004 with the award of the Field, Range, Chamber, and Laboratory Support Services (FRC&LSS) contract to Jacobs. Through the FRC&LSS contract, we have integrated with Mellor Engineering, TOPE, and JRAD with a composite staff size of more than 170 personnel.
Jacobs is seeking a Computer Programmer to support the Dugway Proving Ground (DPG) contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following: Backend and Middle-Tier development using C#, ASP.net MVC, EF, and MS SQ, Experience with Azure DevOps, Experience with Azure development, Collaborate with team members and mentor other team members when the opportunity arises
Required Education and Experience:
Baccalaureate in engineering, computer sciences, science, or mathematics and a minimum of three (3) years of programming experience or seven years of scientific programming experience; or equivalent years of experience with direct government or contractor supporting government contracts. Must be Oracle certified with one (1) year of Oracle and Oracle development tools programming experience. Must be proficient in the use of advanced data analysis and display tools (I.e. - PVWave, etc.), Visual Basic, MS® Access, MS® Excel, C++, Delphi, Java, and SQL programming languages, and Windows operating systems. Must demonstrate outstanding speed and skill in both programming and creating documentation.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer
Engineering, or related discipline preferred
• Develop code using C# environments
• Able to analyze data to identify problem areas for investigation
• Understand both positive and negative testing
• Backend and Middle-Tier development using C#, ASP.net MVC, EF, and MS SQL
• IoT development using Raspberry Pi with Python and .NET
• Experience with Azure development
• Experience with Azure DevOps
• Experience with agile sprint methodology
Backend and Middle tier development using C#, ASP.NET MVC
• Knowledge of Telerik Kendo and SyncFusion toolsets
• Developing software solutions within existing architectures and new projects
• Perform testing on developed code (initial and regression)
• Coordinate and prioritize application modifications and bug fixes
• Participate and contribute to an Agile Scrum team approach to software development
and problem solving
• Commitment to quality through unit testing, regression testing, and peer reviews
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate design and
development concepts clearly
• Posses the knowledge and experience to perform complex and challenging system and
specialty engineering tasks with minimal supervision and has demonstrated experience in
performing a variety of complicated tasks
• Working with developers, designers, testers, and product managers in a collaborative
agile environment to deliver product improvements on an ongoing basis
Building cutting edge web/desktop/and mobile interfaces using a modern toolchain; from
concepts through requirements, use cases, implementation, unit testing, and on through live
• Engaging and coordinating with other engineers and engineering teams to complete
• Be capable of driving towards a goal independently and proactively solving problems
with minimal oversight
• Collaborate with team members and mentor other team members when the opportunity
• Have experience in architecting single page data-driven applications and developing
efficient and maintainable solutions
• Have excellent troubleshooting skills, familiarity with test tools, and a passion for fixing
Required Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Mostly sedentary, sitting for long period of times. Must be able to work independently and with a group of people. Works extensively on computer with exposure to monitor light. May be required to lift to 20 lbs.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers’ safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
Equipment and Machines
Other Essential Functions
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others. Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
Attendance - Must be able to work within the shift hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday at Dugway Proving Ground. May be required to work long and unusual hours based on business needs.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
Equipment and Machines - Standard office equipment and machines: personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be a US Citizen.
Must pass pre-employment drug testing.
Must be able to secure and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Travel requirements – May be required to travel, but will be infrequent