Computer Specialist/Programmer Level 3
ASRC Federal Data Solutions, LLC
Oklahoma City, OK
ASRC Federal System Solutions supports the FAA NAS ESS (Federal Aviation Administration National Airspace System Engineering Support Services) contract. Join our growing team as a Computer Specialist / Programmer Level 3 in support of the FAA’s Beacon/WAM/SBSM team (AJW-1452). The Beacon/WAM/SBSM team provides support for the FAA’s BI-5 and BI-6 Beacon Interrogator Systems, the FAA’s Wide Area Multilateration (WAM) systems, and the FAA’s Surveillance Broadcast Services Monitor (SBSM) systems.
- Responsible for analyzing, managing, supervising, or performing work necessary to plan, design, develop, acquire, document, test, implement, integrate, maintain, or modify systems for solving problems or accomplishing work processes by using computers.
- Primary need is knowledge of information processing methodology/technology, computer capabilities, and processing techniques.
- Typical computer specialist assignments may include but are not limited to: computer programming; collecting, recording, and analyzing data/information; identifying problems; and performing computer software investigation and inspection activities.
- Performs multiple, varying, and complex assignments under the limited direction of a Technical Manager or more experienced technical specialist.
- May act as a contributing specialist on large work activities or as a team leader for single or small work activities.
- Applies experience and advanced technical knowledge applicable to accomplish assignments and to develop plans and techniques to improve programs.
- Understands how his/her technical area interacts with or is affected by other disciplines and considers the objectives of the external organizations when developing, integrating, and implementing solutions to diverse, complex problems.
- Plans and organizes assigned resources to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Allocates resources to accomplish small work-activities within established schedules.
- May act as a key technical point of contact for assigned activities.
- Contributes to the preparation of /technical reports and may communicate the overall results of a project or work activity.
- Assignments may require solutions that are to be derived by interpreting and extrapolating from situations that were faced in the past.
- Provides recommendations to improve work processes.
- Provides guidance to lower-level technical contract staff on how to solve difficult technical issues.
- Resolves all but unique technical problems without the intervention of a more experienced technical specialist.
- Identifies and informs contract management of problems that require their attention.
- Often develops and recommends techniques to address problem situations.
- Work is reviewed periodically, typically at major milestones and at completion, for technical compliance and alignment with the requirements of the project or other work activity.
- Work activities typically support and may be vital to the success of projects or activities of one or more organizational units.
- In some areas, the work may affect the safety and security of customers.