COMPUTER SYS SECURITY ANLYST 3
Huntington Ingalls Industries
Newport News, VA
The candidate will assist system owning engineers with the selection, application and implementation of security controls on various network systems. This will include interpreting cyber security requirements for inclusion in purchase documents and specifications as well as assisting in validating those requirements. The candidate will also assist in the creation and execution of SSPs for systems falling under NIST 800-171 requirements. The ability to quickly learn new technologies and to turn general principles into concrete implementations will be helpful.
This position requires:
• Assisting with documentation in support of C A&A activities; may act as a liaison with governing agencies that oversee the accreditation process.
• Providing technical guidance to information system owners in evaluating security controls/device vulnerabilities
• Hand’s on knowledge of network and computing technologies
• Knowledge of the DoD RMF and NIST 800-171 processes
• Good communication skills and the ability to work well with various teams
Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products. Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design. Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research. May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
Bachelors Degree and 5 years of experience. Masters Degree and 3 years of experience. Ph.D. and 0 years of experience. A relevant professional certification can be substituted for a Bachelors Degree.
o Previous A&A experience with RMF and DFARS, including SSP and POA&M development
o Hands-on experience implementing security features on various network and computing technologies
o Experience with Industrial Control Systems (ICS), including assessment
o Experience with security assessment and monitoring tools (i.e. ACAS/Nessus, HBSS, Splunk, etc)
o Experience with Navy shipboard systems
DoD 8570 recognized certification (i.e. Security+, Network+, CCNA, etc) preferred
- Req ID: 26847
- Department: E44 NTWK/COMM/AUTO
- Entity: NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
- Travel Required: No
- Shift: 1st
- Relocation: No relocation assistance available
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Virtual/Telework Opportunity: No - Not eligible for telework
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: No - Clearance Not Required to Start
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.