COMPUTER SYS SECURITY ANLYST 4
Huntington Ingalls Industries
Newport News, VA
The selected candidate will serve as an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned classified information systems. Coordinate and collaborate with System Owners, Facility Security Officer, other ISSMs and Information System Security Officers (ISSOs), across the company, to obtain and maintain certifications and accreditations under the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency's (DCSA) Risk Management Framework. Assume ISSO responsibilities in the absence of the ISSO. Develop Systems Security Contingency Plans and Disaster Recovery Procedures; create and manage POA&Ms, SPPs, ATOs, and other relevant USG documentation. Responsibilities of the ISSM may include but are not limited to those listed in the Defense Security Service Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM). Review, update and create policies based on RMF guidance, Company guidance and Industry best practices.
Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products. Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design. Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research. May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of experience. Master's Degree and 7 years of experience. Ph.D. and 4 years of experience. A relevant professional certification can be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience working with classified systems as an ISSM and have worked with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) under the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA).
- DoD 8570.01 certification (IAT Level II or III, IAM level I, II, or III, IASAE level I, II, or III). SPLUNK experience.
- Technical experience with Windows, Networks, UNIX, and Linux operating systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates with professional experience in DOD Information Security including DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST Special Publications (800-37, 800-53, and others), and DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process (DAAPM).
- Hands-on experience with DISA Security Requirements Guide (SRG) and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG). Experience with conducting periodic security assessments of Windows and Unix based ISs and providing corrective actions for identified findings and vulnerabilities.
- Req ID: 28110
- Department: T51 CYBERSECURITY
- Entity: NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
- Travel Required: No
- Shift: 1st
- Relocation: No relocation assistance available
- Education: Other
- Virtual/Telework Opportunity: Yes - Occasional or hybrid telework available
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: Yes- Final Clearance Required to Start
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.