Musco Sports Lighting, LLC
At Musco, the industry-leader in sports lighting, our motto is, “We Make It Happen.” There is a can do, innovative spirit here. We are problem solvers, always up for the next challenge. While our headquarters are in Oskaloosa, Iowa, we are a global company, providing lighting solutions at stadiums, arenas and venues in more than 125 countries.
The Musco Information Technology Team is currently seeking a Computer Technician to work from our Oskaloosa office. This position will focus on installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, and telephones to support the Musco Team. If you’re solutions-focused, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator, we look forward to hearing from you. More details about the role are below.
Who is Musco?
Musco is the global leader in sports and large area lighting solutions. We believe work should be fun – at Musco, you are part of world-class projects ranging from the London Stadium to the New Orleans Saints Mercedes-Benz Superdome to Iowa State University’s Hilton Coliseum, to major transportation hubs, to your local Little League stadium. Our Team-first culture enables us to envision, create, refine, and guarantee the best lighting systems. We are forward thinking, always striving to create the next generation of technology. A privately held company since 1976, our supportive and caring culture is based on relationships and creating value. If you’d like to work with a Team that appreciates you, and is invested in your future, Musco may be a great fit for you.
What does Musco offer?
At Musco we offer opportunities for meaningful work at a company you can be proud of. That includes supporting learning through on-the-job experiences and options to develop and grow through different roles within your organization. We value our Team Members and support a work-life balance with flexibility for you to volunteer in your community, attend family activities, or to simply have time to do the things you enjoy.
In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance – comprehensive plans with low out-of-pocket costs
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Profit sharing – up to 20% of eligible compensation annually
- 4% 401K match – immediately vested
- 100% paid Team Member premiums for life insurance and short-term disability insurance
What does Musco do?
We make a difference in your hometown and on the world stage through innovative lighting and field solutions. We do so all while working to reduce glare and protect the night sky. Musco is proud to partner with the International Dark Sky Association in offering efficient lighting solutions that help minimize light pollution. In addition, we believe helping others is a priority. If giving back is important to you, learn more about Musco’s Mini-Pitch System™ Solution in partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation where we’ve helped youth in underserved areas have access to more recreational opportunities.
What you will do as a Computer Technician:
- Provide exceptional customer service when responding to IS Service Center requests via phone and email
- Accurately document details related to client support issues in help desk ticketing system and complete ticket/tasks efficiently
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and telephone problems, providing solutions to restore functionality
- Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers and phone
- Perform hardware, software and telephone installations, including upgrades as necessary
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance and update information when switching hardware
- Maintain accurate inventory information
- Develop computer related training content and lead training
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- AA Degree and 1 year of experience or three years of related experience preferred.
- Familiarity with network-based hardware and software, working knowledge of personal computers, network cards, Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS, email, VOIP, and broadband technologies (i.e. VPN, Cable, DSL, WiFi, Cellular).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates ease with presenting materials
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to provide service at all levels of the organization
Other Special Requirements
- Rotational weekend and on-call coverage will be required as scheduled
- Limited travel as needed for remote office support
At Musco, we make it happen and want you to be a part of it.
Join Musco where we are Team first, where possibilities come to life, and where we work on local and global solutions that matter. Together “We Make It Happen” – we invite you to apply at musco.com/careers. Stay connected with us on social media to learn more about the Musco Team.