Computer Vision Engineer
SportsMEDIA Technology Corp.
SportsMEDIA Technology – (SMT) is the pioneer in sports technology, having re-imagined the fan experience 30 years ago. Since then, we’ve revolutionized how sports fans watch their favorite events, whether in the stands, livestreaming or on television. Through innovative real-time and wireless data and display systems, SMT’s impact is evident in every major international sport on the world’s stage, from football and soccer to tennis and golf. Along the way, SMT has grown to become the premier technology provider for pinnacle world-renowned events, including the tennis Grand Slams, golf majors, the Olympics, NHL, NBA, the New York City Marathon and CrossFit Games. SMT designed and developed the official scoring, statistics, and onsite live presentation systems for the NBA, the NHL, the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, the CrossFit Games, all four golf majors, and the four tennis slams.
SMT services hundreds of major U.S and international sports events, as well as major sports broadcasters, teams and organizing bodies, resulting in a sports technology powerhouse unequaled in the industry. SMT continues to blaze the trail in sports technology with innovative biometrics and player and object tracking, mobile apps, analytics, video production services, wireless information systems, and on-site services. SMT’s products have become a regular part of the viewing experience for fans and an invaluable asset for clients. SMT's growth has led to the creation of several divisions, with divisions in Durham, NC, Fremont, CA, Jacksonville, FL, and Toronto, Canada.
The Computer Vision Engineer participates in the development of complex software and hardware systems to support current and future SMT products and technologies while focusing on the development of new functionality in SMT’s software platform. This engineer works with other SMT groups to define requests for new functionality in SMT’s core software platform and to resolve issues that arise. The Computer Vision Engineer collaborates with the Corp. VP, Research & Development to implement new core technologies for use in SMT products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interact with the Research & Development Department to drive software design and development that best utilizes SMT’s software and hardware platforms
- Work independently on platform software development or new core technologies
- Work with Senior Software Architects and the Corp. VP, R&D to design, scope, and develop new platform features and modules for new core technologies
- Serve as an “Engineer of Last Resort” working with a variety of SMT groups to diagnose and solve difficult issues at SMT Headquarters and remote locations
- Participate in the research, design, and prototyping stages of the development of new technologies
- Work with Product Development to transition new technologies into SMT products
- Accurately estimate project scopes and budget time responsibly to meet deadlines
- Design, develop, and analyze system benchmarks
- Proactively investigate new hardware devices, software tools, and industry best practices for use across all SMT departments
- Develop full understanding and expertise with all SMT software platforms and products and continually seek to optimize the execution of these platforms and products on SMT’s hardware systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years’ research or industry experience in Image Processing
- 3+ years’ experience in 3D rendering
- 3+ years’ experience with camera calibration
- 3+ years’ experience with image-based tracking
- Fundamental understanding of major sports and their concepts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional analytic problem-solving skills
- Expert coding and analysis of multi-threaded applications, debugging, and testing skills in C++ (required) and C# (preferred) under Windows (preferred)
- Advance communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Visual Studio tools, along with revision control and unit testing
- Experience with computer graphics, video, image processing, or numerical computing preferred
- Extensive knowledge of several sports preferred
- Experience with broadcast video and/or television production preferred
- Self-motivated with strong time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills to meet project deadlines
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Strong judgment, diplomacy, and collaboration skills needed to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, management, and clients
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively suggest improvements
- Ability to independently research and respond to technical questions and issues with an understanding of expectations to offer creative solutions to complex problems in a practical, timely, and efficient manner
- Ability to identify and solve technical problems independently, quickly, and efficiently
- Proactively communicate status updates and complete deliverables on schedule
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, industry trends, and technologies
- Willingness to travel to live events
- Two Medical Plans – Premier and Basic
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long-term and short-term Disability plans
- Life & AD/D Insurance Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off/PTO plan.
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Sporting event tickets
Are you ready to join the SMT Team and be a Game Changer?
SMT is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates are subject to criminal background checks.
SMT participates in E-Verify.