Computer Vision Intern – Master’s/Ph.D – Spring 2023
Norfolk Southern Corp.
As a Computer Vision Intern, you will be working with a team of Computer Vision professionals who apply various cutting-edge computer vision models to real-life use-cases and provide actionable insights to the business.
- Design, develop, and implement deep learning algorithms for unique use cases.
- Evaluate accuracy and quality of the designed models as well as data sources.
- Stay up to date with the latest models and changes in the technology.
- Communicate results and implications to colleagues and business partners.
- Proficiency in Python required
- Knowledge of one or more of the following, pytorch, tensorflow-keras or other deep learning framework
- Object detection, semantic segmentation, instance segmentation, pose estimation, classification.
- Hands-on and theoretical knowledge of Deep Learning based computer vision models, yolov3, yolov4, yolov5, faster-rcnn, mask-rcnn, detr, ssd, resnet, etc.
- Experience operating in a Unix/Linux operating system and using docker.
REQUIRED: Enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D program during the Spring 2023 term.
Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering – Statistics, Engineering – Systems Engineering, Mathematical Sciences - Applied Mathematics, or Physics
You MUST be able to work 40 hours a week in our midtown Atlanta office for 3 months during Spring 2023. Relocation assistance is not provided, but NS does offer a Living Stipend (below), which is taxed.
Master's Year - $5,126/month
Ph.D. Year - $5,960/month
***Living stipend of $850/month is available to those who qualify.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.