Computer Vision/ Machine Learning Engineer (PhD required)
The Machine Learning Engineer will work with Bastian Solution’s R&D team in Boise, Idaho to develop state of the art neural networks for advanced robotics systems. These systems target multiple machine learning tasks including object detection, instance segmentation, pose estimation, anomaly detection and robot localization.
With a current team size of ~40 members, the Bastian R&D team is composed of a group of industry leading experts with cross-discipline skillsets and backgrounds. Bastian Solutions R&D leads our company’s new product development process, with the goal of bringing industry leading robotics, autonomous vehicles, and automation systems to the market. The Machine Learning Engineer will be a part of an Agile development team focused on AI/ML, and will have opportunities to engage in every stage of the R&D process. This includes research, innovation, design, and prototype development, to bring new products to market. The Machine Learning Engineer will also have opportunities to work with other discipline team members to learn and branch outside of their job description.
- Design state of the art neural networks for vision, grasping, and robot autonomy tasks.
- Select and implement cutting edge neural network algorithms directly from the latest research.
- Read research papers, attend conferences, and share the latest advances in machine learning.
- Supervise model and dataset development across multiple projects, teams, and geographical locations.
- Develop new training and evaluation techniques to enhance an end-to-end neural network training and evaluation pipeline.
- Develop new features for a self-optimizing, real and synthetic, data generation pipeline.
- Develop real time inference applications for embedded and mobile devices.
- Develop front and back-end systems for client/server inference.
- Create simulated environments for synthetic data generation.
- Evaluate and recommend the latest hardware for vision and robotic platforms.
- Maintain clear and transparent communication with cross-functional team, vendors, and clients.
- Develop robust software utilizing industry best practices for code styling, version control, and development processes
- Ensure projects are executed in the most effective manner, in regards to; time, cost (budget) and function.
- Democratize corporate scale AI, for an automation company, where your defining role will be creating automation products that are intelligent and truly autonomous.
- 10% overnight travel (Travel expenses paid by Bastian Solutions)
Preferred Skills and Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Preferred Masters or PhD in engineering with computer vision or neural network thesis/dissertation
- 2-5 years of industry experience
- Experience developing computer vision software in C++ and Python, including algorithm design and systems software development
- Experience with machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory and/or 3D geometry
- Experience in developing large scale neural networks using PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Understanding of applied mathematics, numerical optimization, and Object/Pattern Recognition
- Experience with 2D and 3D Computer Vision algorithms
- Experience in dataset development for computer vision tasks, including synthetic data generation
- Software Development
- Experience developing with Linux (Ubuntu) OS, Bash scripting is a plus
- Ability to write proficient C++ and Python code
- Experience with Git and GitFlow process, including branching, pull-request, and release processes
- Experience with Software Engineering best practices
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, deployment & support practices
- Strong software architecture background is a plus
- Exposure to Autonomous Vehicles, Robotics, Automation, etc. a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the USA long term without sponsorship
To learn more about us, click here -
About Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.