Computer/Software Engineer Sr.
Electric Boat Corporation is seeking a computer/electrical engineer to join our interdisciplinary engineering team to advance the development and upgrade of shipboard systems including electric and propulsion plant, as well as Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) systems. The successful candidate will have a blend of expertise in electrical and computer engineering to perform the following tasks:
- Define requirements for shipboard applications
- Design and develop application software for shipboard systems including integration of the hardware/software of these systems
- Support verification and validation of software as well as performance and operational requirements
- Enhance existing software to fix defects, support new or changing hardware/requirements, or enhance features and performance
- Support development of system prototypes for research and development projects
Our team members exemplify Electric Boat’s core values: Value each other; Behave with integrity and purpose; Commit to excellence.
Electric Boat offers Flexible Work Arrangements that allows some work to be performed remotely and at home. This varies from position to position based on the amount of classified material the department interacts with, as well as a few other variables. Please ask for more details on how it applies to this opening during discussions with the department
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
- 4 to 9 years of experience is required relevant to this job description.
- Experience in requirements analysis and hardware/software design, software code and unit test, hardware/software integration, and software test.
- Experience with C++ toolset/framework.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink Modeling.
- Experience with Java and Microsoft .Net Framework application development.
- Experience with real-time operating systems, LabVIEW, relational and object-oriented databases.
- Familiarity with GIT or other similarly utilized VCS (version control systems).
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles such as MBSE.
- Familiarity with requirement management software (DOORS).
- Background in control theory.
- Experience in embedded software development, safety critical software development, control system development, and/or experience performing software safety analysis.
- US Navy, DoD contractor, or similar experience with military customers.
- High motivation and able to perform independently as well as interact with other groups and organizations in an engineering environment.
- Possesses the ability to master the complex technical elements of submarine systems and components.
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to write and analyze software requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
Unique/Additional RequirementsCandidate must be a United States citizen and able to obtain and maintain a United States DoD security clearance.