Concrete and Asphalt Batch Plant Inspectors – Part Time
Concrete and Asphalt Batch Plant Inspectors - Part Time
Ranked in the Top 15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
MT Group – an Intertek Company is searching for Concrete and Asphalt Batch Plant Inspectors to join our Building & Construction team in our Farmingdale, NY office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the Building & Construction industry!
We are looking for Entry Level Concrete and Asphalt Batch Plant Inspectors, Competitive Salary
What you'll do:
- Collect samples of concrete/asphalt materials, aggregates, cement/asphalt cement at the plant to measure physical characteristics
- Perform a variety of tests on concrete/asphalt using materials-testing equipment
- Read construction documents to determine project details and specifications
- Neatly and accurately complete all required paperwork, including daily reports, test reports and timesheets – in a timely manner
- Record and report test results after performing mathematical calculations, making graphical solutions and graphical representations
- Communicate orally and in writing with engineers and staff members, agency representatives, contractors and business and property owners
- Perform maintenance/cleaning of equipment and calibration and adjustments as need
- Adhere to construction site safety guidelines and promote a safe working environment
- Night and weekend work my be required, as needed.
What it takes to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Comfortable using MS Office applications (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Must be punctual, reliable with good attention to detail
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, crawl, push and pull, stretch, sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable driving record required (and personal car)
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [email protected] or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.