Concrete Batch Plant Operator / Dispatch – Interstate Concrete & Asphalt (Sandpoint, ID)
Job ID: 462342
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Whether you’re looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader. In this role, you’ll coordinate daily operations of a ready-mix concrete batch plant, coordinate daily deliveries with our customers, and provide answers and solutions to various customer requests. You’ll work with a team to provide top-tier customer service, playing an integral part as we work together to build our communities. We work hard, and we have fun doing it!
If you’re someone that takes pride in your customer service skills, enjoys finding creative solutions to customer requests, and thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’ll feel right at home here with our family. Limited experience? No worries! We’ll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you’ve got the drive, we’ll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: DOE w/ potential for overtime
- Family Culture – We treat our team like family
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We'll assist with continuing education that aligns with your career goals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain batch plant operations to ensure timely delivery of concrete
- Verify specific concrete on incoming tickets and enter correct mix design into computer.
- Monitor gauges, dials and operation of machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
- Coordinate batching and loading of all concrete leaving plant. Check concretes slump to ensure proper specifications.
- Communicate and receive directions from dispatch, drivers, operators and customers by radio/phone.
- Receive and schedule concrete orders for timely and efficient delivery. Assist customers in determining proper product require; quote prices as needed.
- Dispatch trucks based on load size, truck and driver capabilities and jobsite conditions.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external customers regarding scheduling and job status.
- Diagnose and repair batch plant equipment. Coordinate equipment and personnel for larger repairs.
- Service and grease batch plant parts, i.e. change belts, chip mixer, and maintain cleanliness of plant.
- Carry and stock admixtures for batch plant
- During cold weather, may poke material and stomp lumps
- Direct general operations of loader operator and loader.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Other tasks as assigned to meet business needs.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must pass pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Working knowledge of concrete
- Experience working in a plant environment
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person. Detailed-oriented and thorough in all duties and be able to work extended hours when needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows applications.
- Able to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and telephone skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with high attention to detail. Ability to work well in a high stress environment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.