Concrete Carpenter Helper – Lucas Creek-Newport News, VA
Newport News, VA
Requisition ID: 137061
Assist skilled craftsperson(s) by performing supportive duties as directed and will work under immediate supervision. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months of experience and assigned job step.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Assist Carpenter in layout work. Learn to perform lay-out work independently
• Learn to read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
• Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and workpieces during installations.
• Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level and install all other items as directed.
• Load, transport, unload and furnish crew with materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess knowledge skills and abilities for position
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision
• Field experience in chosen craft discipline
• Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand tools, power tools and layout tools.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.