Concrete Delivery Professional – Mixer Truck Driver
Low Country Concrete, Inc.
A Concrete Delivery Professional is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a ready-mix truck used for the delivery of products connected to the Company’s ready-mixed concrete operation and to represent the Company’s values and portray a positive image (attitude, attire, cleanliness, etc.) at all times. In addition to the operation of a concrete mixer truck, a delivery professional is expected to be an active member of their plant/area team and work in conjunction with plant management to attain plant/area level goals.
From $23.00 per hour + $2000.00 Sign-on bonus
- Cooperates and promotes a team concept between all KRM employees and customers.
- Actively participates in all Safety meetings.
- Maintain personal appearance in a neat and clean manner, including shirts tucked in at all times.
- Safely drive the truck to and from the destination, applying knowledge of DOT driving regulations and area roads.
- Check loads to ensure the product is being hauled in an appropriate and safe manner to adjust to the desired level
- Estimate slump of concrete.
- Distinguish between a proper mix and one that is too rocky or too sandy.
- Distinguish the color difference between mixes.
- Verify directions with plant personnel before leaving the plant to ensure delivery to the correct customer and job site.
- Strive to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction survey results consistent with strategic objectives.
- Develop extensive working relationships with customers, both external and internal, in order to maximize opportunities for KRM and to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Keep equipment in acceptable condition of cleanliness using approved cleaning materials and supplies.
- Maintain radio contact with Plant Manager/Customer Service Center to receive and transmit delivery instructions.
- Properly tracks and documents activity logs, delivery tickets, and other paperwork as required.
- Assist other company employees as needed.
- Complete pre- and post-trip inspections on truck equipment.
- Perform minor autonomous maintenance, such as installing light bulbs, mirrors, etc.
- Must be able to take orders, instructions, and guidance from supervisors and management.
- Adhere to all KRM, D.O.T., and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times.
- Meet or exceed company safety standards.
- Perform other job responsibilities as requested by management.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license. (CDL A or B)
- Be at least 18 years of age in South Carolina, Be at least 21 years of age in Georgia
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience as a CDL Driver.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English.
- MVR - No DUI’s or DWI’s in the last 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the previous 3 years.
- High School diploma, preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Perform the four basic arithmetic operations.
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing to a significant degree.
- Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force frequently.
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls.
- Must pass DOT physical, hearing test and drug screen.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Ability to climb, stoop, bend, squat, lift, stretch, push, pull, twist, kneel, stand, walk, sit, reach, and operate a computer keyboard.
- Ability to safely climb up and down stairs and/or ladders.
- Ability to work primarily outside, with possible exposure to the extremes of hot or cold weather.
People Integrity Leadership Excellence
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Workplace