Concrete Delivery Professional – Mixer Truck Driver
Low Country Concrete, Inc.
A Concrete Delivery Professional is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a ready-mix truck used for the delivery of products connected to the Company’s ready-mixed concrete operation and to represent the Company’s values and portray a positive image (attitude, attire, cleanliness, etc.) at all times. In addition to the operation of a concrete mixer truck, a delivery professional is expected to be an active member of their plant/area team and work in conjunction with plant management to attain plant/area level goals.
From $23.00 per hour + $2000.00 Sign-on bonus
- Cooperates and promotes a team concept between all KRM employees and customers.
- Actively participates in all Safety meetings.
- Maintain personal appearance in a neat and clean manner, including shirts tucked in at all times.
- Safely drive the truck to and from the destination, applying knowledge of DOT driving regulations and area roads.
- Check loads to ensure the product is being hauled in an appropriate and safe manner to adjust to the desired level.
- Estimate slump of concrete.
- Distinguish between a proper mix and one that is too rocky or too sandy.
- Distinguish the color difference between mixes.
- Verify directions with plant personnel before leaving the plant to ensure delivery to the correct customer and job site.
- Strive to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction survey results consistent with strategic objectives.
- Develop extensive working relationships with customers, both external and internal, in order to maximize opportunities for KRM and to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Keep equipment in acceptable condition of cleanliness using approved cleaning materials and supplies.
- Maintain radio contact with Plant Manager/Customer Service Center to receive and transmit delivery instructions.
- Properly tracks and documents activity logs, delivery tickets, and other paperwork as required.
- Assist other company employees as needed.
- Complete pre- and post-trip inspections on truck equipment.
- Perform minor autonomous maintenance, such as installing light bulbs, mirrors, etc.
- Must be able to take orders, instructions, and guidance from supervisors and management.
- Adhere to all KRM, D.O.T., and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times.
- Meet or exceed company safety standards.
- Perform other job responsibilities as requested by management.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license. (CDL A or B)
- Be at least 18 years of age in South Carolina, be at least 21 years of age in Georgia.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience as a CDL Driver.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English.
- MVR - No DUI’s or DWI’s in the last 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the previous 3 years.
- High School diploma, preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Perform the four basic arithmetic operations.
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing to a significant degree.
- Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force frequently.
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls.
- Must pass DOT physical, hearing test and drug screen.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Ability to climb, stoop, bend, squat, lift, stretch, push, pull, twist, kneel, stand, walk, sit, reach, and operate a computer keyboard.
- Ability to safely climb up and down stairs and/or ladders.
- Ability to work primarily outside, with possible exposure to the extremes of hot or cold weather.
People Integrity Leadership Excellence
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of this job.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply!