Are you ready to move your career forward, and start the BEST job of your life? Haskell is committed to providing you with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows you to develop the best “how” to get the job done.
Haskell’s Infrastructure & Transportation Group has the noble mission of improving quality of life by designing and building sustainable facilities that better our communities. The group delivers architecture, engineering, and construction for public facilities including schools, hospitals, cities, airports, ports and water authorities, as well as innovative projects in the aviation, aerospace, and maritime transportation markets. Consider joining our specialized teams, dedicated to serving clients in these markets both in the U.S. and abroad with excellence.
In this role, you will participate in various Design-Build and/or CMAR preconstruction projects. The Concrete Estimator will participate regularly with the Preconstruction and Design Team during the preconstruction period. This individual must have the ability to deliver high-level detailed estimates at the initial project stage and efficiently function by reviewing design options, and recommending best solutions based on cost, methods of construction, market trends, etc. Qualified individuals will have experience with cast-in-place concrete estimating.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and required contents of the estimate
- Effectively determine the bid strategies required for the company to be successful as well
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff and pricing of the scope of work
- Recommend and communicate methods of construction, and self-perform manpower requirements to the team
- Assist with the development and/or validate the cast-in-place concrete construction schedule
- May review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Reviews all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to a formal quotation
- Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimates, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, and other sources
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in accredited construction-related curriculum with a minimum of 3 years of estimating experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
- 3+ Years Estimating Cast in Place Concrete
- Experience in estimating, scheduling, client relationship, computer skills, interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to train others and monitor their work for quality and completeness
- Knowledge of industry-standard bid practice
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessities. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is a Drug-Free Workplace.