Concrete Field Manager (Foreman)
Allan Myers, Inc.
Responsible for supervision of safe and efficient field operations for assigned job site(s). Conducts and directs all work in accordance with Allan Myers policies, procedures and programs
Allan Myers Core Values
- Communicates, models and continuously reinforces AI culture and leadership practices with direct reports, including Allan Myers Values, Safety, Delay Free Production, Ethics Policy and the Collaborative Way.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency in multiple aspects of one of the following work processes (i.e., excavation, pipe, concrete or paving, grading, mechanical and/or other relevant disciplines).
- Supervises hourly crewmembers and plans/schedules manpower and equipment as needed.
- Manages deliveries from suppliers and subcontractors to ensure safety, profit, scheduling compliance and customer satisfaction.
Technical: Delay Free Production/Quality
- Ensures customer satisfaction in all customer and inspector relations/interactions.
- Plans and directs work and maximizes equipment utilization by employing delay free production.
- Communicates productivity metrics, quality standards and daily performance to crewmembers.
- Ensures work site is prepared for the next crew.
- Conducts Daily Huddle meetings.
- Follows the Allan Myers Safety Program including preplanning to identify conditions and exposures, proper safety and personal protective equipment and accident investigation and reporting.
- Secures all safety equipment and personal protection equipment (PPE) necessary for himself/herself and crewmembers to maintain a safe work operation.
- Completes thorough preplanning that successfully identifies unique site conditions, major exposures and controls.
- Enforces Allan Myers safety procedures with crewmembers and subcontractors within their work zones.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Field Managers, Superintendents and the customer to implement successful project plans.
- Provides on the job training to crewmembers for assigned tasks.
- Communicates performance expectations for productivity, quality and safety to crews and ensures progress towards expectations.
- Maintains performance documentation and provides input to salary and promotional recommendations.
- Administers disciplinary action for crewmembers and subcontractors as appropriate and consults with Superintendent/Trade Superintendent as needed for resolution.
- Encourages and promotes teamwork, motivation, people development, the Collaborative Way and retention.
- Communicates, follows and enforces Human Resources, Equipment/Dispatch, Project Management Foundation Manual policies and other applicable Allan Myers policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates Allan Myers Leadership qualities. Is Proactive, Accountable, Discerning, Innovative, Collaborative, Integrity Based, Successful and Balanced. Is an Influencer, Continual Learner, Teacher/Coach and Agent of Change.
- Reviews, understands and applies the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Communicates customer issues or clarifies contract questions with Project team, as needed.
- Develops and implements Three Week Schedules on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews pre-job checklist and identifies areas of concern; communicates with Project Team to resolve any issues/problems.
- Interprets and monitors crew cost reports and crew cost factors.
- Administers timely and accurate documents for project-related activities including change orders, time and materials, purchase orders, daily job control reports and receiving slips/invoices.
- Maintains adequate control of materials and all supplies.
- Supervises hourly operations personnel including laborers, equipment operators, drivers, etc. May direct the activities of subcontractors and other suppliers.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required (continuing education in construction highly desirable)
- Minimum 3 years of construction experience in at least one trade discipline (i.e., excavation, pipe, concrete or paving) with one or more years construction supervisory experience preferred
- OSHA 10 hour required
- Valid driver’s license required
Technical: labor and equipment reporting, operations means and methods, preconstruction planning, quality control/assurance, safety policies and procedures, safe work procedures.
Business: relationship management.
Leadership/Management: accountability, change management, coaching/mentoring, corporate policies, decision making, leadership, people development, progress reporting, supervisory, training/teaching.
Personal Attributes/Skills: business ethics/integrity, conflict resolution, diversity, influence/persuasion, listening skills, negotiations, oral communications, problem solving, time management, written communications.
Requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb or balance. Occasionally requires the ability to sit, use hands/fingers, stoop, kneel and crouch. Frequently requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Requires the following specific types of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Exposure to the following environmental conditions: wet and/or humid (non-weather) conditions, moving mechanical parts, high/precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic/caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, work with explosives and vibration. Subject to loud noise levels due to equipment operation.
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and materials production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for “Better, Faster, Safe” performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care and concern for one another’s safety and well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Allan Myers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.