Concrete Finisher Journeyman – CB1
Requisition ID: 130361
Place and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand tools. Place concrete for walls and footings. Grind and rub hardened concrete to a uniform surface.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Move discharge chute of truck to direct concrete into forms then spread, level, and smooth concrete; rough surface with a broom if plans call for it.
• Check forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
• Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete by using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, and/or hand tools.
• Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
• Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
• Utilize concrete vibrators to consolidate concrete.
• Verify equipment and materials are used properly and report unsafe conditions to management.
• Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
• Inspect subordinate's work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess strong working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Proficient in the safe and efficient use of electrical, hand tools, power tools and layout tools as well as measurement tools
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.