Concrete Finisher – Q3 Contracting Inc.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Q3 Contracting, a division of Primoris Services Corporation, is a publicly owned and operated construction contracting company that provides both specific and turnkey services for its customers in the gas, oil, electric and telecommunications industry. We are headquartered in Minnesota, with branch offices in Colorado, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
It’s an exciting time to join Q3 Contracting! We are growing and need to add talent. Q3 Contracting’s goal is to exceed customer expectation with superior service, workmanship and innovative problem solving. If you fit our culture and are looking for a new position, with opportunities to advance and grow with a reputable, stable company, look no further!
The Concrete Finisher will perform many tasks that require physical labor on construction sites in all types of weather. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, concrete saws, and measuring. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support form work, clean up rubble and debris, and tear out concrete. Will assist other craft workers and take instructions. In addition, they will position and secrete steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete through a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines and hand tools. The Concrete Finisher will assist other craft workers when required as well.
A successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Assist in building and positioning forms for pouring concrete and dismantles forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, bolts or form hardware.
- Dig ditches and levels earth to grade specifications, using pick, shovels and rakes.
- Grade dirt and concrete efficiently and accurately.
- Mix concrete and mortar.
- Clean construction site to eliminate possible hazards.
- Assist to align, straighten, plumb and square forms for installation.
- Ability to understand current and changing ADA specifications.
- Prepare, form and pour proper ADA compliant ramps that pass inspection prior to pour and after completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively with inspectors and engineers.
- Collaborate and teach crew members to successfully restore ADA ramps.
- Dependable and able to perform physically demanding work while being exposed to outside weather conditions; specifically, standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to successfully pass pre-employment and random drug testing per company policy and Federal Department of Transportation regulations
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds on a daily and continual basis
- Current driver’s license with no restrictions
- Willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety regulations
- Distance and peripheral vision
- Able to work overtime as dictated by workload volumes
- Willingness to travel as determined by customer contracts.
- Commercial Driver's license (CDL) or willingness to obtain
- Current Federal Medical Card
- Close vision may be required for some functions
Q3 Contracting is a drug-free environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing.
Q3 Contracting provides competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Third Party Agency Notice:
Primoris will not accept any unsolicited resumes from any third-party recruiting agencies either domestic or international. Primoris nor its subsidiaries will be responsible for any fees from the use of any unsolicited resumes either through our ATS or via electronic mail systems from any agency representative or agency consultant unless your firm is an approved vendor partner with a current executed agreement.