Lane Christensen Co.
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
specified quality and textures with the use of hand and/or power tools.
Essential Job Accountabilities
● Pour, spread, tamp, level shape, smooth and finish concrete to meet horizontal tolerances and finish specs from hard trowel to heavy broom.
● Operate various machinery and equipment including but not limited to cement edging, troweling, and finishing equipment, bull float, broom, and trowel machines.
● Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
● Patch horizontal and vertical concrete. Construct and assemble concrete forms and wooden frame structures for various concrete formations.
● May assist subgrade work, mixing of concrete or other aggregate mixtures.
● May break up and repair old concrete surfaces.
● Other duties as required.
● Ability to wear a full body harness and work at heights while tied off.
● Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (occasionally extended hours).
● Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in all weather conditions. Ability to work in safety sensitive construction setting, including exposure to moving machinery and heavy equipment.
● Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment.
● Ability to squat, crawl, and work in awkward positions/confined spaces.
● Previous related experience in construction industry, preferred.
● 1-2 years of concrete finishing experience, preferred.
● Experience working with concrete curb machine, preferred.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
Appropriate training and experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Workers should be able to:
Work rapidly and accurately with hands
Follow set procedures and standards
Compare and see differences in size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects
Picture objects from drawings or diagrams
Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked
Calculate amounts of concrete required for each job
Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
Physically, workers must be able to:
Climb and maintain body balance
Use hands and arms fully
Stand, kneel, bend, crawl, or crouch for long periods
See well (either naturally or with correction)
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.