Concrete Foreman (San Antonio Area) – Austin Bridge & Road
Austin Industries, Inc.
San Antonio, TX
Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic transportation infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong concrete skills to use while building roads and bridges? Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking experienced Concrete Foremen for projects in the San Antonio area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Foremen are responsible for providing supervision and coordination of workers on a structures/bridge construction crew. The goals of this position include scheduling work to meet timetables in a safe manner and to meet estimated costs. The person must maintain a good working relationship with inspectors, developers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Recruit hourly trade personnel
- Execute “Look Ahead” schedules
- Manage craftsmen and laborers, equipment and materials
- Logistics planning
- Scheduling construction daily and weekly
- Execute project work plans
- Manage crews productively and efficiently
- Training of others on the crew
- Purchasing of materials, tools and supplies
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Perform quality work to meet requirements
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in concrete paving
- Knowledge of concrete forming systems, carpentry skills, concrete placement, and finishing skills
- Experience in supervising crew
- Experience using HCSS Heavy Job (tablet based)
- Osha 10 hr, First Aid/CPR, rigging, flagging, fall protection, trench excavation, and manlift
- Must have a strong commitment to jobsite safety
- Diligent in demonstrating safe work practices.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP)! To learn more about Austin, please go to https://www.austin-ind.com/our-company/who-we-are.
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge & Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No Agency Inquiries Please.
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.