Concrete Lab Technician – Portland, OR
Job ID: 472442
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Position: Concrete Lab Tech
Reports To: Technical Services Manager
Shift: Mon-Fri; 8:00am-5:00pm PST
Pay: $23.00/ hr
What you’ll be contributing:
- Performs concrete and aggregate testing according to ASTM test procedures.
- Maintains ACI Grade I field testing technician certification
- Enters test data into reports
- Maintains testing equipment and performs equipment calibrations
- Perform housekeeping to keep lab clean and organized
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as needed.
- Follow all safety protocols in the lab and on Portland terminal property
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- High school graduation or equivalent is required
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Willingness to learn, training will be provided
What to expect in a cement environment:
Work to be performed in a shop environment as well as outdoor exposure throughout the plant. Mild exposure to cement dust, heat, cold, and noise requires compliance with specified safety guidelines and procedures. Exposure to high elevations of up to 90 feet in height. Exposure to all weather conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in jarring and vibratory exposure.
What’s next for you?
We provide stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations that are not inconsistent with the current labor contract, past practices, or safety policies.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.