Concrete Laborer – Candler, NC
Job ID: 365381
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Crew member essential to application of concrete on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways using hand/power tools. Member will assist with construction assignments as they relate to the concrete crew.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Must partner with other crewmembers to complete all aspects of the concrete job and concentrate on the finished surface per plan specifications as instructed by crew foreman while meeting daily schedules/estimates and quality
- Assist with curb/gutters/drainage and help spread concrete per direction from foreman or co-workers
- Assist construction/concrete crew with various duties such as shoveling, finishing, flagging and running a wheelbarrow
- Dig, spread and level construction materials as needed
- May assist with traffic control or placing barriers when required
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- High school degree of equivalent is preferred but not required
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required and work on weekends as needed. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Ability to follow Traffic Control Crew instructions and practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company
- Physical ability to work under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Requires riding to and from job sites. If operating company vehicle, employee must meet APAC Driver Qualification Standard.
- Initiative to learn to operate equipment required on a concrete construction crew.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Finishing concrete and other duties associated with heavy highway construction
- May be required to use the following tools such as float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom or 10’-16’ straight edge on extended handle up to 15’ long. Also may use pick, mattock, axe, brush hook, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps (both manual and power driven), sample saw, concrete saw, sledge hammer, as well as, other tools needed to complete jobs with specifications
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- The following motions will be required: stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, kneeling, throwing, walking, hammering, standing, reaching, rubbing surfaces, squatting may occupy most of work day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.