Concrete Laborer- MCP($1500* Sign on Bonus!!!)
Job ID: 466821
Marion County Paving is a part of APAC-Central, Inc. APAC-Central, Inc. is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a safety sensitive team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures as per company policy, appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Requires motions such as stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, kneeling, throwing, walking, hammering, standing, reaching, rubbing.
· May require lifting of up to 100 pounds.
· Shovel dirt, stone, asphalt.
· Lift, carry, hold and use materials, tools and supplies as needed to complete task.
· May perform duties of flagman for traffic control, janitor, steam cleaner operator or grease man.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Must be willing to travel to each jobsite using personal transportation and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Midsouth Paving, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.