Concrete Laborer- Salisbury, Massachusetts
Fyn Air, Inc.
Looking for career opportunities, an employer who develops their people, a place to make your mark? If so, we are looking for you. Harnum Industries, an MEI company, is a professional machinery moving company. We are a leader in our field and we provide quality machinery moving services to our clients ranging from Aerospace, Automotive, Construction, Data Center, Healthcare, and Institutional companies to every industry in between. We are known in the industry for our professionalism, safety focus, quality methods, and skilled team, and are committed to ensuring that our clients can provide their services to the communities that we live in. Our people are our best asset, and we invest in training, support, and promote from within. If you are looking to be a part of a great team, please apply!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A concrete laborer is responsible for designing and building forms, digging out or breaking up old concrete, pouring concrete, and spreading and smoothing concrete with various relevant tools to meet project specifications.
- Build and install forms
- Pouring and finishing concrete
- Tie in rebar to strengthen the concrete
- Pour and level the concrete, screed, bull float, finish concrete using trowel and power trowel
- Site work
- Other tasks as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Skills, and Education)
- High school diploma (or G.E.D)
- Industry-related experience or apprenticeship
- Ability to operate equipment such as jackhammer, laser level, mini-excavator, and skid steer
- Ability to communicate and work closely with co-workers and contractors
- Well-developed safety skills
- Strong precision skills, as a concrete laborer must be able to mix, pour, and spread concrete in the proper proportion
- Embraces our Values, Vision, Mission, and Company Culture
- Organizational, detail oriented and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadlines and timeframes effectively with a customer service demeanor
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in a high functioning team environment. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity, and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI’s customers have come to expect.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
MEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.