Concrete Laborer Tuscumbia
Job ID: 474059
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH’s South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Mid-South Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a laborer position involving various manual tasks associated with the finishing of concrete to job specifications. Must have experience actually performing tasks related to the finishing of concrete on road construction projects. Must be capable and willing to continuously perform the physical tasks associated with production concrete work – shoveling, placing, and screeding concrete, shoveling and grading for concrete, lifting and carrying form materials, operating various tools
- Assists in the finishing of wet surfaces to grade on all types of concrete work requiring a fine finish safely and efficiently.
- Uses tools such as float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom or 10’-16’ straight edge on extended handle up to fifteen feet long.
- Will perform other manual task as assigned per supervisor.
- Prior concrete experience required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and prior concrete experience
- Must be able to repetively lift 50 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Knowledge of equipment/tools and their uses
- Understand and apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, & multiplication)
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Midsouth Paving, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.