Concrete Manufacturing Technician
Smith Midland Corp.
Smith-Columbia practices the LEAN Manufacturing system originally developed by Toyota. Lean Manufacturing depends on strong associate participation in the continuous improvement of everyday processes. Ongoing training programs and team based interactions not only add value for our customers, but create a working environment where you can learn and advance.
Having been in business for over 60 years, our production of products for major architectural, transportation and utility market customers never stops. We’ve historically been a stable and reliable employer weathering many economic downturns.
There are Monday-Friday start times available between 4 am and 8 am, varying by department and position. See how we can fit "YOUR schedule".
We offer you very competitive benefits including:
- Paid holidays, paid leave and overtime
- Weekly pay
- Annual profit sharing
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A generous 401k retirement fund match program
- A monthly company contribution to your Health Savings Account
- Short term disability insurance and life insurance
- Paid education tuition reimbursement and ongoing training and certification programs
Skills needed to fulfill your team position:
- Ability to work as part of a team where everyone contributes and is focused on making improvements in your daily work
- Desire to problem solve and ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to function and perform in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Experience with concrete, construction or manufacturing a plus but not required
- Ability to read a tape measure within 1/16".
- Experience with reading blue prints is a plus.
We will teach you!
Equal Opportunity Employer