Concrete Production Worker
About Jensen Precast
A position at Jensen Precast isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment and meet interesting people. We offer serious job opportunities to those who are looking to build a career in a stable and growing environment.
Founded in 1968, Jensen Precast has grown to be one of the largest independently owned precast concrete manufacturing companies in the United States. We design and manufacture standard and custom precast concrete products to meet small to large-scale infrastructure demands. Proudly made in the USA, Jensen Precast products are used in electric, gas and water utilities, telecommunications, highway construction, retaining walls, stormwater detention and infiltration, rainwater harvesting, onsite wastewater, sewage applications, agriculture, landscaping, and more.
Come join the Jensen Precast team and start building for your future now! To learn more about Jensen Precast, visit www.jensenprecast.com.
Why make Jensen Precast your career choice?
- The culture - everybody matters!
- Jensen Precast pays a competitive wage with annual pay increases.
- We offer a comprehensive and affordable health plan including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance for you and your family.
- Also, there's a healthy 401(k) match to boost your long-term savings.
- Added Bonus: $500 employee referral program.
Based at our manufacturing operation in Phoenix, AZ the Concrete Production Worker makes quality concrete products in a safe and timely manner by operating various tools and equipment to complete different job functions based on pre-determined schedule.
- Performs a variety of production duties including but not limited to: setting up the forms for pre-pour inspections, removing excess concrete, and cleaning forms; installing the correct size spacers, knockouts, mesh, etc.; bolting and unbolting forms with hand and/or power tools to prepare for stripping operations. Reads production drawings and recognizes whether the product is set up properly; sets up the form as indicated in the production drawing with correct bill of materials; makes indicated modifications to the set-up as necessary.
- Places concrete into the forms after passing pre-pour inspection; consolidates concrete in accordance with the mix design.
- Finishes concrete with various floats or other concrete tools; places finish on exposed surface with proper finishing tools; properly applies curing treatments.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment, returns all tools after use to proper storage location, and performs routine housekeeping (i.e.: cleaning, organizing). Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Identifies unsafe working conditions and notifies supervisor.
- Advises supervisor of any issues after daily inspections of the forms are completed.
- Ability to read and interpret production drawing (will train).
- Proficient in utilizing tape measures and basic hand tools including, but not limited to trowels, hammers, wrenches, chisels, power tools, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer