Concrete Sales Manager
Silvi Concrete Products, Inc.
Title of Position: Ready Mix Concrete Sales Manager (No commission, base + bonus pay)FLSA Status: Exempt Territory: Pottstown, P.A., Downingtown P.A., King of Prussia, P.A., Surrounding Areas
Products: Ready Mix ConcreteEmployment Type: Individual contributor, management of clients in lieu of sales team.
The Silvi Group Companies have been working on expanding their “A” Team of employees since 1947! Our team has grown to 11 companies employing over 450 employees at 18 locations across New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. We have developed the Silvi Group Companies by literally building our community, taking on the most complex concrete projects in the region, and becoming a pillar of support for customers throughout our territories.
Our employees contribute directly to our aggressive growth and we enjoy giving back by developing our employees with professional opportunities as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits includes excellent medical (health, Rx, dental, vision), personal time (vacation, sick, holidays) and a great retirement package. Our close knit environment develops a culture in which we work hard but get to know each and every employee that helps us build our future. If you are driven, creative, and want to see your contributions reflected in real time, come work for us!
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Gathers leads from various sources including but not limited to newspapers, on-line construction news services, customers, townships, construction offices, drivers, vendors, and by canvassing the sales territory for new starts.
- Procures appointments with contractors in an office environment and in the field in order to present the company in a professional light.
- Tracks commercial, residential, municipal and highway construction leads from the planning stage of a project through delivery of our product.
- Shepherds projects from start to finish by acting as a liaison between the client/contractor and Silvi dispatch to insure accurate and timely delivery of the product.
- Visit sites and customers (on a regular basis), that are currently being serviced by our current locations.
- Occasional dispatching, freight rate calculations and dump truck procurement.
- Develop sales strategies that reflect current market conditions and will expand market share.
- Aid the Accounts Receivables Department in collecting balances, as required
- Attend functions that are related to the industry and inter-company meetings as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license as the position requires 2-8 hours of driving per day.
- A four year degree preferably in mining/construction/sales field.
- Experience in construction and/or ready mix concrete material sales highly preferred.
- Must show a proven track record for achieving sales goals & meeting deadlines.
- Understand technical aspects of stone, sand, gravel, aggregates, asphalt, cement and concrete mix designs.
- Articulate the advantages that our product has over the competitors’.
- Gather market information to assist management decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel / PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Outstanding relationship building skills.
In a typical work setting, people in this job:
- Walk on uneven ground
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Determine from which direction a sound came.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Lift 20 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.
Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Competitive Pay.
The Silvi Group Companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.