Concrete Saw Operator
TransCore (TRN) is seeking 7 Concrete Saw Operators to join our team in Orlando, FL. This is a temporary position assigned to our Central Florida Expressway Toll System Upgrade (CFX TSUP) project in Central Florida. This project is expected to conclude no later than January 5, 2023, and individuals selected will be notified of any opportunities to extend employment.
Summary: Under direct supervision, carry out tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types. This job will be outdoor construction work in a non-temperature-controlled environment. Candidates selected must be punctual, responsible, and honest, stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of workday, and must pass a pre-employment and background check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Preparation of concrete surfaces using brooms, grinders, or other power equipment
- Operate, read, and maintain concrete cutting equipment such as hand saws and walk behind self-propelled saws
- Able to lift & move 45lbs or more
- Other duties may be assigned by management as needed to meet production needs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years minimum concrete cutting experience required
- Solid experience with concrete sawing, cutting and/or removal
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license and have a good driving history. (Class A CDL is a plus but not required)
- Willing to work in weather conditions that may be adverse (hot/cold/rain)
- Ability to work days/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary
- Must be able to operate some equipment including but not limited to: Concrete saws, floor grinders, shop vacuums, angle grinders, basic power tools (drills, miter saws, sawzall).
- A clean driving record will be required to operate company vehicles.
- Basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations