Concrete Worker I – Field Services
Beitzel Corporation is an Industrial Construction and Service Company with nearly 50 years of experience in the Energy, Mining, Industrial Construction, Aggregate, and Renewables Industries. The Corporate Headquarters are located in Grantsville, MD with several offices throughout the country.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for (1) full-time Concrete Worker I. The general role of a Concrete Worker I is to is to provide physical labor and general labor to the Concrete construction trade through various construction, concrete, and industrial projects. This is considered an entry level position that requires an aptitude and general knowledge of construction trades and practices. Projects may include, but not be limited to the following industries and facilities: Construction, Manufacturing, Power Plants, Commercial, Aggregate, Oil and Gas, Factories, Production Plants, Coal, Solar, Wind Energy, etc.
This position will require a flexible schedule to include extensive travel and out-of-town work, extended hours, weekends, holidays, evenings, and night shifts.
The Concrete Worker I will report to the Group Manager – Concrete Services and will work primarily out of their assigned location.
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health/Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Short/Long term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid lodging, per diem, and transportation provided for out-of-town work
- Employee focused work environment
- On-the-job mentoring and training
- Internal job postings
- Performance and salary reviews
- Employee feedback program
- Safety-first and drug free work environments
- Bonuses and incentives for working safely
- Company provided tools and basic safety equipment
- PPE allowances with no restrictions on vendors
- Weekly pay with premium pay for Sundays and holidays
- Advancement through defined employee career paths
- Financial tools/programs to help employees reach financial goals, manage money, get out of debt, and save for the future
- Scholarship opportunities for dependent children
- Assist with multiple aspects of concrete work to include site preparation, installing rebar, form installation and removal, concrete placement, finishing and curing of poured concrete, masonry, and carpentry, etc.
- Learn technical aspects of concrete work to include installing, dismantling and moving forms, mixing masonry, running vibrators, etc.
- Assist with screeding by utilizing mud rakes to manage concrete consistency
- Place and move pump hose lines for concrete pours as directed
- Provide general, manual labor to other trades as required
- Utilize hand tools, power tools, and equipment safely and effectively with proper training
- Assist with loading and unloading of materials as required
- Assist with site preparation such as vapor barriers, expansion joint installs, burlap and soaker hoses, weather proofing, etc.
- Maintain company tools, equipment, vehicles, and worksite in a safe and orderly manner
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Some concrete experience preferred
- Basic welding skills preferred
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to read tape measures accurately
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow directions
- Walk / use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools / reach with hands and arms / climb ladders and stairs / crawl / kneel / lie down for extended periods of time
- Lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Work in confined spaces
- Climb and perform work at heights of 30’+
- Breathe effectively while wearing a respirator
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
This position requires the completion of a thorough background and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. In accordance with The Company’s Drug and Alcohol policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing as requested.
AAP/EEO Statement This Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ID:uDnQdo