Condition Monitoring Specialist
Cashman Equipment Co.
This position is intended to be a full time position
- Utilize Cashman Fluids Analysis, Planned Maintenance, Inspection Reports, Site Conditions, Electronic Data through VIMS and Product Link data to enhance the customer’s experience and understanding of the technology and data available to support their business processes.
- Generate incremental service opportunity by reducing machine downtime, and identifying and communicating needed repairs and wear parts replacement.
- Reduce overall owning and operating cost by reducing after failure repairs.
- Differentiate Cashman’s value added services.
- Track Condition Monitoring recommendation value in terms of customer benefit.
- Interface with all appropriate departments for product and service feedback as requested and required.
- Submit necessary reports, records and data in a timely matter.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Product knowledge of CAT parts, components, equipment and services offered by Cashman Equipment and competitors.
- Strong analytical skills with sufficient mechanical knowledge to understand repair procedures and processes, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Basic technical, mechanical knowledge in repairing, reconditioning CAT machines preferred.
- High customer focus, with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all co-workers, customers and the general public. Use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Prepare accurate timely and effective service offerings that are value added services for our customers, competitive in the industry and results in appropriate gross profit for the company.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to organize and manage large quantities of data with consistency and accuracy.
- Utilize technical knowledge, data and skill to determine proper service recommendations. Obtain technical assistance in difficult and unusual conditions.
- Effectively participate as part of a team, provide value added services for the customer base, and assist where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieve customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED, Trade school degree preferred.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in service and warranty (service and parts manuals, technical bulletins and other related articles).
- Proficient in the use of basic computer software programs such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Proficient in English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and math skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in service and/or administration in related field or equivalent technical background.
- Service or parts experience at Cashman or another Caterpillar dealer preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-2 hours in a day. Sit 6-7 hours in a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat and climb; including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office/inside environment.
- Occasional travel and overnight stays.
- Valid Nevada State Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.